Home Recipe Index Contact Me Copyright About Me

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

I am Back with Sabudana Vada(Sago Patties)!!


Well Well Well....it’s been a longggg break from blogging. Got busy with Life’s most beautiful moment, Moment of Motherhood....Yes, I am mom of a Baby Girl now!!

 Its been a wonderful journey so far as a Mom and on the other hand it been very hectic taking care of a Baby and being working. I do miss blogging but it’s so difficult to take out sometime these days..Yeah I know there should not be any excuses for passion. Well will try not to give any more excuses and will try to keep sharing my kitchen experiments with you all.

To start again here are Sabudana Vada recipe...These are yummy Snack specially in rainy season and it double its taste with a cup of hot Chai.



Ingredients:
§  1 cup Sabudana/ Sago
§  3 – 4 boiled potatoes(mashed)
§  Green Chillis finely Chopped (Acc to taste)
§  Handful of chopped coriander leaves
§  Salt according to taste
§  ½ tsp Amchur Powder
§  1 tsp Chaat Masala
§  oil for frying

Method:
Soak the sabudana or sago in water overnight or atleast for 4-6 hrs.(water should be just 1 cm above the sabudana). I usually soaked the sago overnight and in the morning they become very soft. Mix the mashed potatoes and sabudana together. Add all the other ingredients. Mix the entire mixture well. Now take some portion(golf size ball) of the mixture in your hands and shape them into flat round vadas. Deep fry the sabudana vadas till golden brown.
 Many people do add peanuts to it, you can also add, I personally don’t like so I don’t add.
Enjoy with Chai n green chutney!! 


3 comments:

Unknown said...

It is one of the best instant food mixes for a perfect snacks with tea or coffee.I had made this in my home and my family members loved it.

Ventair Kitchen chimney said...

Very nutritious and delicious recipe

Ventair Kitchen chimney said...

Its a very nice blog, well written and very interesting