Home Recipe Index Contact Me Copyright About Me

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Khasta kachori with Aloo Sabji

This is one of the most Famous Street Breakfast of North India.This is available on street only in the morning.I just love love love them.Here in US i really miss them,till date i never had it here in any city.So thought id trying it myself



Khasta Kachori is a common item in Uttar Pradesh and Punjab. The stuffed Kachori is deep fried at a low to medium heat. The key to being Khasta (Flaky crisp) is amount of shortening in the Kachori and the low frying temperature. Khasta Kachori is served with Aloo Sabji.

Here is Kachori n Aloo Sabji recipe.

What you think of about having this on your patio with a Cup of Tea and thats too when it is Raining....Man i will love to have it in rainy season.For now i cant have it on rainy season but can send this as my entry for Shanthi "Lovely Winter Recipe Event"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6 comments:

Kamya said...

hey ...Rupali .. u have a great cooking blog here ..and that too khasta kachorilooks really really mouth-watering..I never knew how to make this typical northy roadside food or you can say breakfast/snack...now I am surly going to try this out ,,, thanks for such finger licking recipes!!!!

Rupali Jain said...

Thanks Kamya..I m glad you like my Recipes!

prettyp said...

Hey Rupali your Khasta Kachori and aalo sabji recipe was a big hit ! Thanks for posting it!!

prettyp said...

Hi Rupali... this recipe was asuperhit with my husband and parents !! Thanks for posting it... i always wanted to figure how to make it... thanks again

Rupali Jain said...

@Prettyp
You are welcome!
I am glad it was a hit and Thanks for trying!!

Kannan said...

That aloo sabzi looks amazing. I slaivated just looking at the pic. Thanks a ton for sharing this recipe Rupali. I am going to make it for my wife and friends. Hope it turns out well